Tuesday 31 May 2011

Day 1 and 2 of Intro

Day 1 started ok with a few glasses of filtered water with a slice of lemon.  Then I heated up some of the soup from the night before and had a lukewarm cup with a teaspoon of juice from the sauerkraut in it. Tasted delicious!  Waited til it was hot and had another cup. Just rested for the rest of the day, waiting for some symptoms.  Had none til late afternoon, when a band of pressure formed around my forehead, which developed into a headache and lasted into the night.  So I did some of the die-off relief methods I had read about - Wade gave me a head massage, I put my feet into a hot epsom salts foot bath for a while, and on going to bed, I tried the magic sock method - you put a pair of wet cotton socks on then over them, a pair of 100% wool socks.  Leave overnight and in the morning the cotton socks will be dry.  Apparently, the body's efforts to dry the wet socks will draw toxins out through your feet! 

After being in bed for a couple of hours and being in so much pain, I decided it was more important for me to sleep so I took two panadol rapid.  I fell asleep and when I woke up this morning, the headache was gone! yay!  I was expecting it to be back as soon as the panadol wore off.  So, I went to my friend's Tupperware party and took soup in my travel mug and another serve in a freezer bag to heat up if I got hungry later.  It was nice.  I ended up drinking the second serve of soup with an egg yolk in it, but started to feel nauseas, which has stayed with me for the rest of the day.

I still feel nauseas, have been having ginger tea with a little honey, but not really working.  And the headache came back this afternoon, but in a different place! Now it's the back of my head, and down into my neck.  I'm thinking about doing a yoga session (I have it on DVD) to help stretch everything out and hopefully get some relief.

I've also been EXTREMELY cranky today.  Yay for my family, I tried to explain myself to my kids tonight, my 6 yr old is sort of understanding.  My mum was meant to have them from this afternoon, but since I was ok this morning, she said she'd come over instead and see how it all went tomorrow and if necessary, she'd take them then.  I wish she had taken them today.  I think the crankiness is the headache, I do NOT cope when I have a headache, I just can't function, especially when there's heaps going on, like the kids are being themselves - NOISY, or my husband wants to discuss the weekly budget with me, which is a sure fire way of getting me cranky ANYWAY!!  I can't even sleep when I have a headache, so it totally sucks.

Well, I'm probably sabotaging myself, but my husband just made me cup of tea. Yep, real tea.  I'm terrible, but I just need it right now.

So I'm going to enjoy it. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment