Wednesday 25 May 2011

Intro Take Two - *Preparation*

I made a decision a couple of weeks ago.

I want a baby.

I want a baby but I want to be healthy enough to carry said baby, without all this weight, and without all the health problems and food intolerances that I have now.  This will, in my thoroughly researched opinion, all be resolved if I go on the GAPS diet. 

So.. I am starting GAPS this coming Monday.  I've been preparing all this week, I went to my mum's house Monday and Tuesday and cooked stew (she has a big kitchen so easier to prepare at her house than in my tiny kitchen!), so now I have 17 single serve beef stews in my freezer! (which tastes delicious btw!) 

On Monday, I put on a pot of beef bones to slow cook back home, and this morning I did a pot of chicken bones to slow cook. Tonight, I made soup with them, and they also taste quite good, I'm getting good at them I must say.  I'll figure out how to post recipes next and tell you how I did them.

So, I'll have a good lot of soup and stew to start with, I need to make sure I have the rest of stuff to go with for at least the first three stages.  I'm serious and prepared this time and that's what I wasn't last time.

I also got a big lot of organic, grassfed beef today from boyonthehill.com.au.  They have a farm in Donneybrook, and they are 50% Waygu. So very nice.  I'm very happy with them, It was just under 16kgs and was $292, so just over $10 a meal. 26 meals in all. Awesome!

So, the plan is this:

* 2 months on intro (hopefully)
* 4 months preconception care following the full GAPS menu
* try for a baby.

Ok, off to bed now,
night!

No comments:

Post a Comment